Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you can expect updates on what I'm up to - brought to you through both text and photos. Here you can see a map with pins showing areas in which I've taken photos. Keep an eye on this as the year goes on, as it should grow quickly.

If you scroll down, you will find a running slideshow of my Flickr Photostream. If you're interested, click on the slideshow to quickly jump over to my Flickr page.

Friday, May 25, 2012

05/26 - Daily Recap (First Night Photography)

Not much to shoot today, so I had to try and get creative. I was in Keene at a friends, and happened to notice the terrible condition of this house. I see shots composed similar to this one all the time online, so I thought I'd give it a go.
Falling Apart

I also saw a few really powerful shots of very simple subjects, and gave my best effort given what I could find around my friend's house.


Front Deck


Empty

And here's a quick portrait I took of my friend Nate later in the afternoon.

Nate

In addition to the daytime shooting, I tried night photography for the first time. For the shot you see below, I used a tripod and a 4 second exposure at ISO200. Again, there really wasn't much to shoot but I'm pretty happy to see that the E-PL1 is capable of night shooting even with its pretty poor ISO performance.

Night Test Shot

Overall, I'd call the day a success given how little effort I put into finding subjects to shoot. I'd say my goal for tomorrow is to go out of my way to find more interesting subjects. In particular, I need to build up more courage so I won't be afraid to shoot people on the streets. Keene is filled with interesting people, and I owe it to myself to start photographing them. I hope to post another update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment