Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here you can expect updates on what I'm up to - brought to you through both text and photos. Here you can see a map with pins showing areas in which I've taken photos. Keep an eye on this as the year goes on, as it should grow quickly.

If you scroll down, you will find a running slideshow of my Flickr Photostream. If you're interested, click on the slideshow to quickly jump over to my Flickr page.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Goodbye Keene!

About to head off to Boston and the airport and with that in mind, I'm saying goodbye once again to my family, friends, and home. I could complain all day about it, but I can appreciate the beauty of this area for what it is - the sky is bluer here than anywhere else I've seen.

Keene also has what is without a doubt the nicest Main Street I've ever seen. This is one place I could happily hang out around without any complaints. The photos I'm posting were taken quite some time ago, around the beginning of June and before I left for Ghana. I never got around to posting them, but figured I'd show them now as an attempt to show my appreciation for downtown Keene. Sure, there are no people in these photos, but that's because it was midnight.

P6023722
Mom and Dad's favorite restaurant. This place is fantastic.

P6023729


P6023740
Simple? Yes, but payphones actually are so rare these days that this fascinated me.
There really isn't too much to say about these pictures, and they might not even be appealing to people who don't know Main Street. Anyway, I'm sharing just to share and I hope that at least a few can appeal to a broad audience.


P6033747


P6033750


P6033753
The famous E.F. Lane Hotel
P6033754


P6033774



Window Shoppers
The fine art of window shopping.

Oh, and Sadie, I'll miss you too.

20120603-P6033802


No comments:

Post a Comment